Learn more about what Elder Bundy is teaching in Thailand!

Learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what Elder Jesse Bundy is teaching at www.lds.org

May 23, 2016

Baptisms, teaching new investigators the Gospel of Jesus Christ, switch-offs with Zone Leaders in Ubon and setting new goals keep Elder Bundy busy and excited about the work in Sisaket 
Elder Jesse Bundy with the Bishop, new convert and Elder Weaver before the baptism
Missionaries with Ward members before baptisms on Sunday

"Hello everyone!!  This week has been CRAZY busy.....so, I'm afraid this will be kind of a short letter.  We had an AWESOME baptism and have another scheduled for the 29th!  The spirit was INCREDIBLE!  I am LOVING my mission!"
Brother Somgiad from the Ward - love this guy!

"I didn't get anything back from the doctor in Bangkok yet.....they haven't told me anything.  I'm guessing they will get back to me this next week.   My knee is alright....it feels like I'm okay to keep  on keepin' on.  I just feel like I need to get it fixed before I go too hard on it.  It's kind of messed with my working out, but I'm sure it will all work out fine." 

"So, this week we went to Ubon to work with the Zone Leaders.  It was great and we got a lot done.  I don't like missing days working out of Sisaket because we have so much going, but I learn a lot from the ZL's.  So it's all good.."
A beautiful sunrise in Sisaket

"Brother Dang in our Ward....he's awesome!"


This is the Beautiful river that runs right down the center of Ubon

"This week, I've really been trying to focus in on my goals for the future....school, career....I am learning to balance staying completely focused on my mission, but still take a little bit of time every day to improve myself in all areas of my life....improving my vocabulary, getting stronger physically and my nutrition.  Sometimes I do really great at it and other days I completely fail...but I'll keep after it."

 Elder Jesse Bundy having a bit of fun in an electronic store.  He wrote, "We hooked up 'Angels we Have Heard on High' into the electronics store system and did some karaoke.  It was very entertaining....hahaha."

"We have taught some really cool lessons this week with our investigator, Sister Meaw.  She committed to baptism on the 29th of this month.  She is AMAZING and is the BEST example of how important member referrals are.  She was referred to us by an awesome member in the Ward when we went to do a service project to help them with their cows.  She committed to quit drinking coffee and bore her testimony to us that she's tried several times before to quit, but never could until she prayed and asked for help!  I LOVE EXPERIENCING these amazing, cool experiences!  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true....."
Jesse posing for a GQ picture on a cool motorcycle....

"Well, I gotta go soon Mom....I'm gonna get ripped, smart, skilled and spiritual....hahaha!  But seriously!  I have such a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ!  I'm thankful for this opportunity.....it's so great that I get to teach these people that the Lord's work and glory is to help all of his children have happiness! Then we get to give them the tools to show them how...it just doesn't get any better than this."

"I love you Mom!  I love you Dad!  I'm loving' my mission.....until next week...."

Elder Jesse A. Bundy


No comments:

Post a Comment