Learn more about what Elder Bundy is teaching in Thailand!

Learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what Elder Jesse Bundy is teaching at www.lds.org

August 13, 2016

Elder Jesse Bundy celebrates moms on Thailand's Mother's Day, works with the AP's and other missionaries and enjoys the beautiful Thai countryside
Elder Bundy with assistants on p-day at a Wat 

"Hey everyone!  I am going to apologize right from the get-go....I don't have ANY time today.  We went with the Assistants yesterday for switch-offs and they are with us today for P-Day.  But before I tell you about that, let me tell you about the week.  Last Tuesday, we had such a great day!  We taught Dang and prepared him for his baptismal interview, then taught an English class.  After that, we hopped on a plane for Bangkok.  Wednesday was Mission Leader Council.  I learned SO much and really loved it!  We were introduced to a new English program.  We will be using pre-prepared power point presentations instead of books and have many more media resources to help us.  We also talked a lot about doing our missionary work from a more balanced perspective.  We flew back to Udorn that evening."
"Remember last week when we were building the Branch President's Chicken coop?  Here is the finished product.....well, our part of it anyway.  Pretty good, huh?"
"Not bad for not knowing what we were doing...."

"Thursday, we did switch-offs with the Udorn District Leader and his companion.  It was awesome to work with these great missionaries, help them out in their area and put into practice what we had just learned in Bangkok.  We were able to do some solid 'balanced' missionary work with him.  It was great!"

"On Friday, we trained the Zone with the training we received at MLC.  Then I switched off with Elder Chamberlain, the younger AP.  It was INCREDIBLE!  I learned a ton of great stuff and to top it off, Dang passed his baptismal interview!!!  It was also Thailand's mother's day......sooooo, Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!!  It made me miss you pretty bad!  You are truly THE BEST mom on the planet.  I am so grateful for everything you do for me.  You have so much wisdom, can do anything and have the strongest testimony I have EVER known!  I don't know what I would do without you...I LOVE YOU!"
Jesse wishing his Mom a Thai Happy Mother's Day!
Elder Bundy's Mom...
"Today, we went with the Assistants and President Tiger to visit a mountain.  We had so much fun!  I am sending you a bunch of pictures from our trip up the mountain...."
 "It is SO beautiful and green here!  Reminds me of Missouri..."
 
"This is my 'spirit' creature, or the nickname they gave me here.....it's a Yak......The Yak in Thai culture is a giant that stands at the gate of the Wat to protect it.  So that's the nickname they gave me....hahaha.  It's not my legit spirit creature, people don't have those, it's just the name the local people gave me here.  Every Thai has a real name and a nickname.  Mine is Yak."
"Here is another statue of a Yak...."


"Look at the size of this statue!!!  It's crazy!"
"For the rest of the day today, we are going to teach lessons to investigators and take the AP's to the airport.  We have a whole family coming back to church.  They are the mother Sang, a brother Lamb, the father Chai Daid and a sister.  They are doing really well..."



"Oh....I forgot the MOST exciting news!!  Tomorrow is Dang's baptism!  It will also mark the beginning of Elder Daybed's last full week here in Thailand.  The week after that on Thursday will be transfers...."

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MOMMA!!  Tell everyone I love and miss them terribly! We have to get going.....remember that my next p-day will be Monday, the 22nd.  Tell Dad I LOVE him!"

Elder Jesse A. Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment