Learn more about what Elder Bundy is teaching in Thailand!

Learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what Elder Jesse Bundy is teaching at www.lds.org

August 29, 2016

Elder Jesse Bundy gets a new companion, attends a Mission Leadership Conference and translates the 'Meet the Mormons' movie for a single adult activity
Elder Jesse Bundy with new companion, Elder Cherdchayaphum

"Hello everyone!  I'm still in Udorn and things are SO good!  My new companion is Elder Cherdchayaphum from Korat Thailand, which is in the east area, but a lot more south than where we live now.  He is just AWESOME!  He works hard, is really funny and also loves to work out!  We work really well together and there just won't be any obstacles for us to reach our goals in baptizing, teaching and helping less active members come back to church.  I am so excited....."
Elder Cherdchayaphum studying in the study room

"Our mission just received a ton of new missionaries.  It's really exciting.......we have 7 or so new ones in our zone, so that will be really fun.  I am still a Zone Leader in the Udorn Zone and tonight, we are flying down to Bangkok for a special leadership conference with President Johnson, all Zone Leaders, the Assistants and Elder Funk (the area 70 President)." 
"This past week has been the best week of my mission!  I know I keep saying that.....but just when I think it can't get any better, it does.  The past two weeks, the Lord really blessed us......my companionship taught so many lessons that the office elders called and asked if the numbers we sent in were typos.  President Johnson even sent me a text message and told me good job!  Apparently, we have been teaching more than twice the lessons of any other companionship......kinda cool.....I just feel really blessed.  We are just setting our goals high then working really hard to achieve them.  We are really excited because we have 7 investigators that are rapidly progressing toward baptism!"  
"Last night, the church had an activity for all of the single adults.  They showed the movie, "Meet the Mormons," and they had me translate the whole movie for them.  It was SO much fun...hahaha!  Our golden investigator, Brother Num came.  He loved the whole experience and will be getting baptized next week!"

"Oh ya, I did buy two pairs of pants last week for a little over $10 a pair.  They are really good pants, and yes Mom, I am keeping my apartment clean.....well, we need to be going here soon.  The work is going really great!  I'm having a great time and doing my best to work as hard as I can.  I'm seeing miracles just about every day!  I am just loving my mission...I really hope you and Dad know how much I appreciate everything you guys do for me!  Tell Dad I love him.....so many times, Dad is my 'why' in a lot of the things I do."
"Today, we will get Elder Chud a haircut and a rabies shot because he got bit by a monkey...don't ask.....then grab something to eat.  Then tonight, we will be flying down to Bangkok for the Mission Leadership Conference with Elder Funk.  Just a really great day....."


Sister Funk sent this e-mail:

Dear families of Elders and Sisters in the Thailand Bangkok Mission,

Elder Funk and I have been visiting some of the missions in the Asia Area. Today we met with the missionaries from the Thailand Bangkok Mission during their Mission Leadership Council.

President and Sister Johnson are great leaders and are leading this mission with inspiration. The missionary leaders in this mission are happy, engaged, and working hard. There was a wonderful feeling during our meeting. The missionaries of this Church are simply amazing.

We are grateful for this opportunity to meet your sons and daughters. We pray that the Lord will continue to watch over and bless your missionary and the people of Thailand.

Sincerely, Sister Funk


"Okay, thank you, thank you mom!  I couldn't do any of it without you.  Tell everyone hi for me and that I love them!  Next week, I'll have a ton of better pictures for you.  I LOVE YOU!"

Elder Jesse A. Bundy 









No comments:

Post a Comment