Learn more about what Elder Bundy is teaching in Thailand!

Learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what Elder Jesse Bundy is teaching at www.lds.org

August 24, 2015

Elder Jesse Bundy asks everyone to please pray for those who are suffering due to the recent
Bangkok Thailand bombings...


Elder Bundy gets a new companion, listens to and 
shakes the hand of an Apostle of God, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland and enjoys a P-Day in Bangkok.
All of the missionaries currently serving in the Bangkok Thailand mission pictured with their Mission President, his wife and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, an Apostle of God.  Jesse is in the top right section. 
Elder Bundy writes, "The meeting with Elder Holland was SOOOOOOOO good.....I can't tell you HOW good!!  All 200 Bangkok Thailand missionaries were packed into a chapel the size of our little Chillicothe Branch building with an Apostle of God!  It was AWESOME!!!  The spirit was SO strong.....it shook all of us to our very core!  I took good notes to share with the family when I get home......Elder Holland IS a true and living Apostle of God!"  

Elder Jesse Bundy reported that Elder Holland spoke in very plain terms. He expressed how important the people in Thailand are to our Father in Heaven.  That the Bangkok Thailand missionaries need to step up their efforts in helping prepare the people of Thailand to receive the blessings of the temple soon to be built in Bangkok.  Elder Bundy went on to say, "It was amazing.....then, on Sunday, we met again with Elder Holland along with ALL of the Thai members.....it was held in a huge event plaza and the entire place was packed.....it was so humbling and I felt SO blessed and lucky to get to be there mom......"

Due to Elder Holland's visit, Elder Bundy and Elder Wright had the 
opportunity to spend their last P-Day together as companions in Bangkok all day Saturday.  
The Dynamic Duo:  Elder Wright and Elder Bundy

Elder Bundy wrote, "we're going to Central for P-Day today, which is a HUGE mall....I am going to get a few things I need for my daily exercise routine....I feel strong that staying physically fit is just as important as my personal scripture study and I need to do better in this area."

Elder Bundy having fun on P-day with Ronald McDonald at the mall 
After spending the weekend in Bangkok, Elder Bundy and Elder Wright headed back to Plok.  On thursday, they received transfer news.  Elder Bundy wrote, "Well just to let you know where I am and what happened on transfers.  I'm still in Plok, but I have a new companion.  His name is Elder MartinDale from Utah.  Elder Wright is a new Zone leader and has moved to Roiet."  
Elder Jesse Bundy with his new companion, Elder MartinDale

Elder Bundy expressed how much he will miss working on a daily basis with Elder Wright, but writes, "Elder MartinDale is 19, has been out for a little over a year and is from Logan, Utah. We are going to have a wayyyy good transfer!!.....We have 12 investigators with baptismal dates and have worked with 20-30 people in getting them to come back to church!  Elder Wright and I did a LOT of prep work and Heavenly Father truly blessed us!  I feel lucky that I get to be here and witness the seeds Elder Wright and I planted blossom....this transfer is going to help me grow a lot.......I am going to miss Elder Wright, but I decided from the very begining that this was going to be the best transfer ever.....I have faith and I believe that great things are going to happen!!"


Elder Jesse Bundy with members for a last 'selfie' with Elder Wright to say good-bye 


Elder Bundy posing with Brother Gap, a great friend in the Branch.

Brother Guitar and Elder Bundy.  Another great member friend in the Branch 

Here is the whole crew.  Brother Gap, Guitar, Elder Wright and Elder Jesse Bundy  


Elder Bundy's handstand of the week was taken in front of the 
internet place he writes his letters from every week.

Elder Jesse Bundy signed off with, "I love my mission!  I feel so lucky.....so blessed to have the opportunity to serve the Lord here in Thailand!  Until next week......"

No comments:

Post a Comment