Learn more about what Elder Bundy is teaching in Thailand!

Learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what Elder Jesse Bundy is teaching at www.lds.org

October 5, 2015


Elder Jesse Bundy gets transferred to Bangkok
Jesse enjoying the daily rain while street contacting in Bangkok

Elder Bundy receives a transfer of assignment to Bangkok.  With his new assignment comes a completely new area, new companion and new experiences.  He writes, "...I was transferred!..... I am now in Bangkok, in an area called Bangkae.  I'm in the big city!....I'm not going to lie, I have a problem with almost getting run over by cars while I'm biking....I'm just not used to maneuvering around them, but I am getting better at it everyday.  There are 3 whole zones of missionaries in Bangkok, and I'm in the West Zone.

When asked about the language and if there were differences in dialects from the people in Plok and those in Bangkok, he wrote, "Plok is in the dead center of the country, so I use to hear every accent you can imagine when I was there.  I even heard Lao and Burmese speakers!  But here, I think they speak very clear.  At least I'm finding it much easier to understand people here than I did in Plok.  I think I'm always going to feel behind on the language.....but, I don't have any problem whatsoever communicating and teaching."


Elder Jesse Bundy with his new companion, Elder Tew

Elder Bundy is excited about his new assignment and anxious to get to work.  He writes, "My companion is a boss! I'm SO excited for this transfer!  His name is Elder Tew (pronounced two).  He has only been on his mission two transfers longer than me but he is wayyy good!  Bangkae is his second area as well, and this will be his 3rd transfer in Bangkae.  Elder Tew is 25 years old and he is from Clifton, Idaho near Preston.....He’s only been a member of the church for about 3 years.   The missionaries found him when he was 21 and he was baptized a year after that… he is a real hard worker and I love the guy!  We are going to be wayyy successful this transfer."

Elder Jesse Bundy also shared other news that happened during transfers, "ELDER WRIGHT WENT AP, (an abbreviation for Assistant to the Mission President, a leadership calling within the mission.  Elder Wright was Jesse's first companion and trainer when he began his mission in Thailand).  He went on to add,  "He is one of the youngest missionaries to ever go AP!!....The missionaries in this mission really love and respect each other......everyone tries really hard to help each other out."  
Elder Jesse Bundy enjoying the rain in Bangkae, Thailand.

Elder Bundy is pumped about getting to work with Elder Tew in the Bangkok area.  He wrote, "....our apartment is soooooooo much nicer than the one in Plok!  It's 2 floors, but there are 6 elders living in it and I am the youngest… coordinating showers gets a little tough.   My new area is so awesome.  We have a real church. It's huge!  Street contacting is very different as well.....there are so many people here it's ridiculous!   Unfortunately, we don't get to watch conference until next week, but I can't wait to watch it."

Elder Bundy is learning to adjust to living with 5 roommates instead of just one.  He goes on.... "It gets way crazy living with 6 elders in one place.  But thankfully, they all love t25! They all do it with me every morning and night!.....living in the apartment are the zone leaders, our district leader (who is training a brand new missionary called a greenie) and then Tew and I.  Elder Tew was also a wrestler in high school and he is on the same health nut thing that I'm on....It’s totally awesome!"  He goes on to describe street contacting in Bangkae as being very different and very difficult, but adds, "it's hard, but strangely fun…. I am really learning to enjoy it!"

Elder Jesse Bundy received a package from his sister, Chelsy on transfer day.  He was so excited and writes, "Tell Chelsy it was amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!  To get little notes from all the nephews and nieces was way fun.  And, to get pictures was awesome! The drink mix she sent is priceless and of course the t25 was just perfect."

Jesse went on to describe what he and his companion were going to do today for their PDay, ".....we are going to deep clean our study room and finish up some week planning."  Before adding, "I'm serious…..this transfer is going to be crazy!"

Elder Bundy closes this week's letter with, "Well….I'm out of time on the computer.  I love you so much......make sure to let dad know I love him.....I really love my family and I miss you guys!!  But please know that just when I think my mission can’t get any better, it does!  I am very thankful."

"Til next week…"

Elder Jesse A. Bundy

1 comment: