Learn more about what Elder Bundy is teaching in Thailand!

Learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what Elder Jesse Bundy is teaching at www.lds.org

June 13, 2016

Elder Jesse Bundy enjoys a busy week of teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ in Udorn, visits old friends in Bangkae and attends a mission leadership conference in Bangkok.
Family Home Evening at President Tiger's house with branch members.

"This past week has been crazy busy and exciting!  Monday, we were invited to President Tiger's house for family home evening. We had really good food and a great time.  Tuesday was filled with teaching lessons to investigators, inviting and teaching English class.  Later that night, we caught a plane to Bangkok to attend our mission Leadership Conference."
Jesse with the Pilot and Stewardess on the flight to Bangkok

"On Wednesday, we spent all day in training at the Leadership Conference.  We finished by 5:00 p.m., so we had some time to swing over to Bangkae and visit my old Branch President and a few of my recent converts from that area.  It was SO cool!  It was so good to see them and say hello.  They are all doing so well....."
Me with my old crew from Bangkae!

"On Thursday, Elder Daybell and the rest of the missionaries, (including the Elders from Laos who randomly taught Elder Daybell and I the Laotian sign language just for fun), had their 'finishing their missions meeting.'  We were then able to catch our plane back home in time to visit a less active member.  It turns out that this less active member has a son who is DEAF.  His son, who was baptized when he was 8 years old, has a wife who has never heard the gospel and is also deaf.  They also have a 2 year old little girl, also deaf."  

"Mom......we experienced such a MIRACLE!  Talk about the gift of tongues.....or, hands....it was AMAZING!!!  Elder Daybell and I were able to have a full conversation with this humble family and invite them to come to church as well as ask them if they want to learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ!  We were able to sign to them, as well as understand what they signed back to us!!  They are now our GOLDEN investigators!!  I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!  I am SO grateful to my Father in Heaven.....He has blessed me to not only pick up sign language, but Lao, Thai and Eisan!"

"You asked me about the differences in the languages.....Lao and Thai are the same exact grammar with some words being so close, kind of like Italian and Spanish.   So, I kind of just picked some of it up while I was in Sisaket and became good at it while teaching investigators.  There is also Eisan, which is the Thai dialect which is spoken near the Laotian border.  I learned Eisan while serving in Sisaket.  I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for priesthood blessings and the gift of tongues....and/or, hands..."

"Before I forget, my knee is doing better.  Anyway, at our Leadership Conference, we talked about some of the problems and good things that are happening in our mission and what we can do better and how we can be better.  The Assistants also trained us on new programs and policies that are to be implemented in our mission.  I really enjoyed it and learned a lot.....Then on Friday, we had our own zone training with the 30 missionaries in our zone.  It turned out really good."

"Today is p-day and we are going to fix Elder Daybell's bike, go shopping for our groceries and probably take a nap.  Elder Daybell has been feeling kind of sick."

"Well......I have to go.  It's been a great week!  Tell everyone I love them and I'll talk to you next week.  It's GREAT to be a missionary!"

"I love you!"

Elder Jesse A. Bundy        


No comments:

Post a Comment