Learn more about what Elder Bundy is teaching in Thailand!

Learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what Elder Jesse Bundy is teaching at www.lds.org

June 20, 2016

Elder Jesse Bundy wishes his Dad a Happy Father's Day, enjoys meeting and teaching new investigators, gets a 'funky' rash and prepares for Zone Conference.  
  

My Dad.....Happy Father's Day!

"Before I get started telling you about this week, Happy Father's Day Dad!  You are the best!  I have spent my whole mission trying to acquire the traits that you have shown to me my whole life.  I am truly grateful that you are my Dad and that you live how you do! You are an AMAZING example to me and I think about you very often.  Thank you for your sacrifices, hard work, the great example you are and the choices you make.  It has set me up for my life!  You have taught me not only by words, but by example and in any situation, I think 1st, 'what would Jesus do,' as you taught me to do, but a close 2nd, I think, 'what would my Dad do?'  Both of those thoughts usually end very similarly.....If I don't think before and just do it, that's usually the Jake way...hahahaha.  I quote without fail almost every day, the familiar words that you always gave me when we were confusedly doing an errand for Mom that we didn't yet quite understand or particularly want to do, but always ended up finding out later how important it was, 'it's not ours to ask why, only to do or die.'  I have also very much appreciated your great advice, Dad.  I am loving my mission....thank you."
  
I LOVE YOU DAD!  Happy Father's Day!"
I love and appreciate my Dad!  The best advice he has given me for my mission was to WORK HARD, then PLAY HARD within the rules and at the appropriate time and place.  I am LOVING my mission in great part because of the advice and example my Dad set for me.

"Now......for this past week.  I am running a little late.  We just made it to the internet place because we spent most of the morning with President Tiger.  He is the 1st counselor in the Mission Presidency.  He was kind enough to take us out to eat this morning.  Everything is going well, mostly.  We are beginning to see more investigators come in.  Church yesterday was really good.  We had a lot more members show up than usual, so that was great!  We have a couple of investigators preparing for baptism, one being a man by the name of Charlie from Kenya.  He really keeps us laughing and is way solid....."
I took this picture....here we are in this big city, then we turn down a street, go a few miles and it is like we are stepping back in time!  The countryside is really beautiful.....

"I am really enjoying my personal studies right now!  I've had kind of a rough, but good week all at the same time.....I've have been working on some of my flaws, which is difficult sometimes.  So my personal studies have been a real gift.  I started reading 'Jesus the Christ' again.  I just LOVE the idea of the good shepherd....  I mentioned Charlie, our investigator that is going to be baptized?  He is just awesome.  He really brightens my day and he is a marathon runner, so I really enjoy visiting with him.  We are also working with some recent convert's husband, Dang, who has not het heard the gospel, so that's way exciting as he is solid and progressing really well."

"I had yet another really COOL miracle moment this past week!  We were doing switch offs and I was paired with a District Leader who is a native Thai.  We were teaching a random new investigator that neither one of us knew previously.  As we visited with him, we found out that this investigator just happened to be the District Leader's relative!  He didn't know him!  Now this investigator is way interested in learning more and told us that our message is just what he needed!  I am LOVING all of these miracles I am witnessing!"
I couldn't resist taking a picture with these cool cars we passed along our way the other day!  lolol..

"Our zone conference is next week.  Elder Daybell and I will be leading it.  I'm really excited about it....and I am studying really hard for it.  But that will mean our p-day will be Tuesday instead of Monday...don't forget!  Anyway, we will be hosting the Mission President and the Assistants, then we will be responsible for a 45 minute segment.  I would really like to focus our time on faith and humility, and share some motivational stories, etc......we will see. Elder Daybell and I will get together on it...."

I'm sorry for my picture taking this week....hahaha...this is just some random, GIANT stage we passed by....I have no idea what it was going to be for......lolol!

"My knee is doing ALOT better....in fact, I haven't even thought about it, which is really, really good.  But, I did have to go back to the doctor this week.  My legs got this funky rash going up them.  The doctor told me it was some kind of allergic reaction to something.  They tested my blood, gave me some medicine and told me it should go away in a few days.  Like I said, it's been a rough, but good week at the same time.....hahaha!"

"We will be lacking in the 'fun' department today we have to do our chores and clean our house.  We have been really busy and need to catch those things up....hahaha.  But!  I'm getting a suit made....it is custom fit linen for $100, AND, I think I'll eat some ice cream today....lolol!"

"Well, I have to go now.....I love you Mom!  Remember that next week my p-day will be on Tuesday instead of Monday...  I'll talk to you then!"

Elder Jesse A. Bundy





No comments:

Post a Comment