Learn more about what Elder Bundy is teaching in Thailand!

Learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what Elder Jesse Bundy is teaching at www.lds.org

September 18, 2016

Elder Jesse Bundy chronicles last week's events enjoying his mission through pictures
Elder Chud and Jesse with the grandchildren of an investigator they enjoy teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ to in Thailand...

"Hi everyone!  I have had such a great week.....it has been the perfect mix of hard work in teaching, doing service projects and fun....We have some really AWESOME new investigators we are teaching as well."
Elder Jesse Bundy and several other Elders in a missionary apartment.

"I read this the other day during personal study.....I TRULY LOVE READING AND STUDYING THE SCRIPTURES!

Alma 33:21-23

21  O my brethren, if ye could be healed by merely casting about your eyes that ye might be healed, would ye not behold quickly, or would ye rather harden your hearts in unbelief, and be slothful, that ye would not cast about your eyes, that ye might perish?

22  If so, wo shall come upon you; but if not so, then cast about your eyes and begin to believe in the Son of God, that he will come to redeem his people, and that he shall suffer and die to atone for their sins; and that he shall rise again from the dead, which shall bring to pass their resurrection, that all men shall stand before him, to be judged at the last and judgement day, according to their works.

23  And now, my brethren, I desire that ye shall plant this word in your hearts, and as it beginneth to swell even so nourish it by your faith.  And behold, it will become a tree, springing up in you unto everlasting life.  And then may God grant unto you that your burdens may be light, through the joy of his Son.  And even all this can ye do if ye will.  Amen."

Jesse with other missionaries in his Zone going to work for the day.

"I really love working with my companion and the missionaries in my Zone!  They are a great group to work with.  We are really working hard to meet as many people as we can, teach as many Christ centered lessons as we can, do as many service projects as possible and enjoy everyday along the way...."
"This tiny little horse was wandering the streets!  Look how little he is?!?  I couldn't resist stopping to pet him and feed him a little something.  After that, he tried really hard to keep up with me....hahaha.  Too bad pets in our apartments is against mission rules.."
"This is our new investigator, Brother Bank.  He is wayyyy solid.  He stayed at the Church for morning services, afternoon meetings, the baptism AND the activity afterwards.  It was great!"
"We stopped to get some lunch the other day and Elder Chud took this picture...mainly, I'm showing you how good I have been with my diet....hahaha."
"So.....I'm thinking, where did all the water go?  This canal is ALWAYS full...no one could tell me what was going on with the water....lol"
"While we were out contacting the other day, we kind of got tired of standing in front of stores, or on the main streets.  So we went contacting in a back alley....we found some really humble and VERY interesting people there..."

"This is Don Pie....HOW CUTE IS THIS KID!  He is Brother Dang's son.  Brother Dang is so good to us."
This is Jesse and Elder Chud with a new investigator, Allah Mohamed Jesus...."He's awesome and a LOT of fun!"

"Here we are on a river walk next to the river.  Look how brown the water is?  Yuck!"

"I promise....it's not what it looks like....haha"
"The other day, a member of the District Presidency, President O (and my really good friend), decided he was going to pin me...hahaha.  It was a no go for him.....my pants were the only losers." 

"Last week on P-Day, we went to the market in Nong Khai.  We had SO much fun and a much needed break.  The next several pictures were taken at the market."
"You know me....if there is a musical instrument anywhere close by, I will find it....and I will do my best to play it.  I stopped to talk with a homeless guy on the street.  He was playing this 'homemade' guitar....seriously!  He made this guitar and it actually played...totally awesome!  And below, of course I had to try these flute-like things...."

 "Pheewww....I'm right on track with my diet and exercise plan.  Wrestling world, here I come.  Even though the technician thinks I'm too big.  Apparently, I make two of her.....hahaha?"

"I AM the Yack Thai Warrior!....hahaha..."
"I know mom, the dark spots on my shirt are mud from riding my bike in the rain all day!"

"This is me with our new investigator.  He is from China and he took us to the VIP Lounge in the mall.....it was NUTS!  I'm just trying to fit in....hahaha"
"My homemade microwave popcorn popper didn't turn out so well! But it was still good..."

"I really miss you guys mom!!  I didn't know how much I'd miss you and Dad, like a LOT!  Make sure that Dad knows that I'm with him and everything he is going through.  Make sure he knows how much I love him and tell him to keep fighting.....Only 6 months left!  We are keeping the pace, or trying our best to keep up the pace in working hard.  I'm really so grateful for this opportunity and I know I tell you all the time, but I'M REALLY LOVING MY MISSION and I am so very, very thankful."

"I love you guys...good luck with everything and I'll talk to you next week."

Elder Jesse A. Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment