Learn more about what Elder Bundy is teaching in Thailand!

Learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what Elder Jesse Bundy is teaching at www.lds.org

April 6, 2015

My Thai District

So, we had a plain, boring black and white roster that hung in our classroom.  We 'cartoonified' it and hung it back up.

The Packages were amazing!  Super helpful, especially the ties.  I was a little short.   So, my district is really awesome and we get along really well.   Mostly because we work hard but joke around and have fun too.  There is a Mong (kinda like Chinese), an Australian, home schooled Utah boy,  a kid from Portland, Oregon, an hilarious Asian looking kid from Arizona, and me.  We're a pretty diverse group, but it all works out just great.   All of us are progressing in Thai at a crazy pace.  


This is the tiny Thai speaking classroom where I spend the majority of my time.  I know it looks small, and it is small, but you would be amazed at how fast the time flies when we are learning!  I don't mind it at all!  Plus, we really are having fun while learning.

GENERAL CONFERENCE, KHXX SUADYAAD MAG, was super awesome!!!!!  CAN YOU BELIEVE THERE IS GOING TO BE A TEMPLE IN BANGKOK THAILAND!!  It's so cool that, that is happening right now!!  Seriously!!!  It opens a lot of opportunities for missionary work......being able to teach the Thai people that they can be baptized and have an eternal family through preparing themselves to enter God's house, (his temple), and then promise them that they will actually be able to perform that sacred ordinance with their families in a Bangkok Thailand Temple soon!   All of us Thai bound missionaries are flipping out! 

General conference is such a different experience as a missionary! I actually heard and took in all of what they were saying.  Watching it in this setting with all these missionaries, allowed all of us to really feel what the prophets were saying, not just hear it.



This is the hallway where my dorm room is.  That is Elder Quinn, my companion, posing.  Besides the cafeteria and the gym, this is where I spend the rest of my time here at the MTC.

I really enjoy learning Thai and we have hilarious things we do back at the dorms.  

This is 'Sidda Pringles.'  She sits at this desk.....we pretend she is an investigator wanting to know the truth, and we practice teaching her the gospel.  


Our direct neighbors are the Cantonese Missionaries who are going to Hong Kong.  They are my best friends here.  They have acquired a bunch of pass down items from other missionaries when they leave.  

 O.K.   Here is an iron they put out for us to use.  It is broken, but in a completely fun way!  It hurtles steam out in like a 10 foot radius.  I can stand in my dorm room and hit anything walking by in the middle of the hallway of the dorms.  I must admit, I enjoy shooting people with the 
steam as they walk by.  


It's nice here because I'm not stressed about anything and I can just focus on learning.  The only thing that is annoying is this sign and how far we have to walk to get to class everyday, several times a day because of the construction.   We have to walk almost around the entire MTC to go from the cafeteria to our classroom.  But, I'm not complaining.  The exercise won't hurt me.  After all, I am doing A LOT of sitting.
Okay, okay……and, NO everyone! I’ve actually been really good and NOT drank even one sip of milk since I’ve been here!  But, the food here is super good and I get a bunch of gym time which is awesome.  But, I’m thinking of going on a salad only diet here pretty soon because I eat too much!
I am also loving learning the Thai language!  The language is coming surprisingly easy to me.  All of a sudden, I have a super power memory!    The gift of tongues is definitely in play.  I hope it is a gift that keeps giving!   Don’t worry Mom and don't anyone be super offended, but I don't actually have time to think about home and everyone very often.  I’m glad I am so busy and don’t have time to think about home.  That would be too hard.

Well, I’m about to head over to the temple.   I hope everybody has a good week.  


I love you a bunch mom and dad and everyone!  Thank you for everything you do, I really do love and appreciate you guys so much.


Pom ruu waa phrabida bon sawaan le phrayeessuchrist rak raw, le prakampii mccrccon khxx phrakitikun kong phrayessuchrit. Pom Ruu waa phrakitikun chuy raw pen kwaamsuq
Nay phranom khong phrayessuchrit amen

Pom Rak Khun!! (i love you)

Elder Jesse A. Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment