Learn more about what Elder Bundy is teaching in Thailand!

Learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what Elder Jesse Bundy is teaching at www.lds.org

September 21, 2015

Elder Jesse Bundy enjoys the Chiang Mai landscape and Zone Conference
This is Elder Jesse Bundy with Elder Arne.  Jesse writes, "Elder Arne is one of the best missionaries in our mission.  He is way cool and an AP, (short for an Elder who is called to be an assistant to the Mission President).  Elder Arne helped me a LOT when I first came into the mission and we have become very good friends."

Elder Bundy and his companion spent several days in Chiang Mai for Zone Conference and interviews with their Mission President.  Then they returned back to their area to continue their work.  He wrote, "....so my interview with President Johnson was extremely good.....he is a way good guy....I feel like he is a real friend."  

Elder Bundy went on to discuss his progress in becoming the missionary he wants to be, "I've changed a lot over this last month......my companion has helped me in more ways than I have helped him.....I credit him with the opportunity I'm getting to become a better missionary, a better person...."

Elder Bundy sent some beautiful pictures of some of the incredible landscape in Chiang Mai and Gangenpet.
Here Elder Bundy is with other Elders on their way to the top of the mountain to ride some wooden carts like sleds down the mountain side.

Elder Bundy was awe struck with the beautiful scenery at the top of the mountain!
Elder Bundy with his companion and the Sister Missionaries in his district.
Jesse writes, "Can you believe how beautiful this is!  So yeah….Chiang Mai was awesome!!!!  We went way up in the mountains.....the best part was that they had these wooden carts that we were able to ride down the hill on…..it was soooooo much fun!!  I got it all on my Gopro, and I will send the videos to you on one of my cards.....it was so much fun."

This picture is of one of the beautiful old ruins in Gangenpet with Jesse standing at the top.  
 Elder Jesse Bundy wants his brother-in-law, Bryant to notice the tie.  These are more of the beautiful ruins he toured in Gangenpet.
These incredible waterfalls are deep in the jungle near Gangenpet.

Elder Jesse Bundy went on to say, "I love the movie, Ephraim's Rescue...tell everyone to watch it and show it to the grand kids.  Its awesome…"

Last week, Elder Bundy ended up with a bad case of food poisoning.  He wrote, "So, on the bus ride home from Chiang Mai, I got WAYYY sick!  The sickest I’ve ever been.....all of the sudden, I had way bad headaches, body aches, nausea....the symptoms have just followed me throughout this week.  Today, I'm just way tired and my head hurts way bad, so if its o.k., I'm going to be short and sweet so I can get some Gatorade and go to bed.....this week I have done my best to just work through it.....don’t worry mom, I'm alright, it was just harder.  And no.....it wasn't the bannas….lol."


Elder Jesse Bundy sent some flowers to his Mom via a photograph.  He writes, "Mom, I'm just way tired and my head hurts. I miss you taking care of me when I'm sick….lolol….. sorry this is so short and doesn't say much but I'm literally just thinking about food and sleep right now..lol....I'm sending you this picture of some really pretty flowers in a field.  If you were closer, I would  send you a bouquet of them….I love you." 

Elder Bundy ends his letter with, "Well, I think I might be going here pretty soon... I still have to get a haircut before I am able to rest and we have appointments later…So, I don’t want to run out of time.  I love you guys a bunch!  Don't worry about me mom.  I really am doing great and I really, really, really am loving my mission!  Thanks for everything you guys do for me.  Talk to you next week!  I miss you…."

Elder Jesse Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment