Learn more about what Elder Bundy is teaching in Thailand!

Learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what Elder Jesse Bundy is teaching at www.lds.org

February 1, 2016

Elder Jesse Bundy mourns the loss of his Grandpa Bundy who passed away quietly in his home on January 27th, 2016
Clarence Ambrose Bundy Obituary
Our loving father and grandfather, Clarence Ambrose Bundy 96 passed away peacefully in his home surrounded by his children and family Wednesday morning, January 27th, 2016.  Clarence was born September 6th, 1919 at the family ranch in Bundyville, at the foot of Mount Trumball, Arizona to Roy and Doretta Bundy.  Clarence is reunited with the love of his life, Marvia Josephine Goodwin Bundy who was at his side and supported all his church callings and work responsibilities until her death in 1993.  He is survived by his loving companion of 21 years, Doris C. Walker Bundy of Pearland, Texas.  Along with being a real singing, poetry-quoting cowboy with a sense of humor, Clarence was known for his service to others.  He served 4 missions, numerous church callings including Bishop and was a true patriot and veteran of WWII.  He was loved and revered by all who knew him. Our lives will forever be measured against his strength of character, loyalty to the Savior as well as his infectious sense of humor in the face of trial and tribulation.  His passionate love for his family, his friends, and always and forever the love of his life, Josephine, and in his later years his sweetheart, Doris, seals his place in our lives as patriarch, hero, true friend, and everlasting inspiration.  He enjoyed singing, reading and telling stories to his grandchildren and great grandchildren, who along with their parents, love and adore him.  Loving Husband, Great Father, and Grandfather, Clarence is survived by his wife, Doris of Pearland, Texas; Clarence and Josephine’s children, Joe of Farmington, Utah, Jolayne of Washington, Utah, Chuck (Kristi) of St. George, Utah, John (Willa) of Gallatin, Missouri, Amber (Dale) of Enterprise, Utah, Kim (Nancy) of Ely, Nevada, David (Barbie) of Spring Creek, Nevada, Marvia of Washington, Utah and Milton (Diana) of Spring Creek, Nevada, 32 Grandchildren, 50 Great-Grandchildren and one brother, Orvel (Sally) of St. George, Utah, as well as his step-children, Carl (Barbara) of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Doug (Morgan) of New Iberia, Louisiana, (John) of Magnolia, Texas, and Beth (James) of Pearland, Texas.  Visitation will be Friday, January 29, 2016, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., at Metcalf Mortuary, 288 West St. George Boulevard, St. George, Utah.   Viewing, prior to funeral services, Saturday, January 30, 2016, 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., the Rock Church in Washington, Utah, 82 North Main Street.  Funeral services to follow at 11:00 a.m.  Interment to follow funeral services at the Mount Trumball Cemetery on the A
Arizona Strip.

Elder Jesse Bundy goes on to add, ".....It was so great to be set apart for my mission at my Grandpa's house and to receive his words of encouragement and testimony before he passed.....I feel really blessed and lucky!.....I wish he could of held out until I got back, but I know I will see him again.  I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and that families can be together forever.  I have a testimony of this work and I know that our family has been sealed in God's holy temple and I know that I will see my Grandpa again!"

I LOVE YOU GRANDPA!
________________________________________


Elder Jesse Bundy went on to discuss his mission travels this week.  He wrote, "We are about to get the transfer calls, hopefully.  This week was pretty average, in fact down right slow.......I have just been trying to get all of the records an investigators in order.  I am fairly certain I will be leaving this area this week...."

This is my good buddy, Brother Game. 
Elder Jesse Bundy with all of the elders that live in his apartment in Bangkae

Elder Jesse Bundy's letter was short this week as he prepares to be transferred to a new area and to work with a new companion.  He writes, "The work has been WAY SLOW this week.....no new investigators and all of our previous daters (investigators with baptismal dates) faded away.  So that stunk, but Brother War got baptized last week and is getting the Priesthood and Brother Gaang is still progressing, slowly, so that's good......"  Elder Bundy expressed his desire to make sure that the people he is teaching fully understand and have a testimony of the gospel before they get baptized.  He has been concerned that some of the new members he has been out to visit in their homes were baptized too quickly without really understanding the church, or having a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Brother Gaang, Elder Jesse Bundy, John and Elder Bingham
Brother Gaang, Elder Jesse Bundy, John, Elder Bingham, Boss and Tan

Elder Bundy goes on to discuss his personal study for this week and other topics.  He writes, "In my personal study, I found this sick thing in last years' January 2015 Ensign that maps out the stories of the Old Testament......so the past couple of days, I've been going over it.  Everyone needs to study it!  It's AWESOME!"

"We haven't received the call for transfers yet, but other elders have so it should come any second....last p-day, we went to Siam Paragon, which is a huge mall place and we ate at Sizzler's!  It was AMAZING!  I don't need any money, but thanks.  We get our food money at the first of the month, soooooo yeah!!!  Today is February 1st......"

"Soooooo, we are going to get outta here pretty soon.  I hope you got all of my pictures and that I answered all of your questions....no call yet, so I guess you'll have to wait until next week to find out where I'm going.......just know that I'm waaayyyyy good, the church is true and I love and miss you guys!   I love you!!!!!  I'll talk to you next week!"

This is my Grandpa still out cowboy-ing and working on the ranch in his 80's!!!


Elder Jesse A. Bundy



No comments:

Post a Comment